Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Editors - Munich



Ok a little back story on this band. Found them like two months ago. I really didn't get into them too much. They were quite what I was looking for. Then last week I am going through all my music and I find this band again. As my finger hovered over the delete button I suddenly had the urge to hear them again. And surprise I found something pretty cool. I now have been unable to stop listening to them for the last few days. A lot of people have been comparing them to Joy Division and Echo and the Bunnymen. But since I never liked those bands or even listened to them, maybe that is why I originally wrote them off so quickly. So I can't compare them to those bands but I can say that I really am digging their sound and I DO compare to The Killers. They have a certain catchy pop to them that I found easy to listen to from track one to the last. Here is the video for "Munich" off their most recent album The Back Room.

Editors are an indie rock band from Birmingham, England, who met studying Music Technology at Staffordshire University, comprising Tom Smith (lyricist/vocalist/guitarist), Chris Urbanowicz (guitarist), Russell Leetch (bass guitarist) and Ed Lay (drummer). The band's debut single "Bullets" was released as a limited edition of 500 on Kitchenware Records on 24 January 2005; it quickly gained support from radio stations such as Xfm and 6music. As other singles were released their popularity and fanbase grew larger.

Their debut album The Back Room was released 25 July 2005, to critical acclaim.

No comments: